Just follow these steps:
- While watching the video, tap the screen to reveal the playback controls.
- Tap the speech bubble icon to open the Audio & Subtitles menu.
- Choose the subtitles option that you want to use.
If you want videos to use captions or subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing by default:
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility.
- Scroll to the Media section and tap Subtitles & Captioning.
- Turn on Closed Captions + SDH.
You can also customize how you want the subtitles to look:
For more helpful tips in customizing your Apple device, go to the Apple Accessibility page!