I am getting ready to get my new Baha 5 Sound Processor fitted next month, and I am wondering if I need a phone clip to pair my iPhone to my sound processor to talk and stream music from my phone? Please help I’m not sure how the new technology on the new Baha sound processor works.
Thanks a million, talk to you soon. //Keyaira
Answer: Dear Keyaria,
Congratulations on getting the Baha 5 Sound Processor!
With it, you can stream audio and phone calls directly from your iPhone, as long as it is a newer model (iPhone 5 or iPhone 6) without the need to use the Cochlear Wireless Phone Clip.
For more information, check out: Smart tip: pairing and connecting your Baha 5 Sound Processor to your iPhone
On top of that, you can download the Baha Smart App to control and personalise your hearing experience directly from your iPhone.
Click here to download the app for free, and then pair your iPhone to your sound processor:
- Ensure your Baha 5 Sound Processor is turned OFF by opening the battery door
- On your iPhone, turn on Bluetooth under Devices
- Go to Settings > General > Accessibility >Hearing Aids
- Turn ON your Baha 5 Sound Processor by closing the battery door. It’s now discoverable for 120 seconds.
- Tap the name of your sound processor, once it appears
- Accept pairing request
If your Baha 5 Sound Processor is paired, has a live battery, and is turned on, it will automatically connect once you start the Baha 5 Smart App. When the app is connected for the first time, it may need additional time to read required data from your sound processor.
Best of luck!
The Baha Blog team