Question: Hi, my Baha 5 Sound Processor won’t connect to my iPad. It did twice but not anymore , thoughts? Thanks // Stew
Answer: Dear Stew,
- First of all you need to make sure that the battery in your Baha 5 Sound Processor isn’t too old as this can sometimes cause issues with pairing and connecting (read more about our battery tips here).
- Then, turn off your Baha 5 Sound Processor and then on again so it can pair with your iPad, and thus authenticate and store the sound processor in its list of ‘trusted devices’.
- Make sure to wait for pairing confirmation to be heard (six double-beeps followed by a melody) before proceeding.
- After the pairing, the iPad starts connecting to the sound processor, allowing audio streaming and control of the sound processor.
- To use the Baha 5 Smart App* to control your sound processor, pair your sound processor and Apple device as above and start the app.
You can pair up to 5 Apple devices to your sound processor and have the Baha 5 Smart App installed on all of them. However, you can only connect one Apple device at the time to your sound processor(s) so you could not run the app simultaneously on several Apple devices.
* The Baha 5 Smart App is optimized for iPhone, but will also run on iPad. When you search the App Store from an iPad you will automatically search for iPad apps only. If you are using an iPad you need to change the “iPad only” search criteria in the top right corner to “iPhone only”.
Best of luck!
~ The Baha Blog team